Kate E. Thorne is an associate attorney at Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. whose practice focuses on commercial litigation.
In 2022, Kate earned her J.D. with distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law. While attending law school, Kate participated in the appellate advocacy program and the Baskerville Regional Moot Court Competition. Kate was a summer associate at Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. in 2021.
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Iowa Law Liason (2022-Present)
- Linn County Bar Association
- Linn Law Club
- Dean Mason Ladd Inn of Court
- Boyd Service Award: Honors (2022)
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence: Principles of Contract Drafting (2021)
Kate was born and raised in Iowa City, Iowa, and now lives in Coralville. She enjoys bicycling, canoe trips in northern Minnesota, CrossFit, and traveling to Spanish-speaking countries with her fiancé Will.
- United Way Board Orientation & Leadership Development Class of 2023