Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C., one of Iowa’s largest and oldest full-service law firms, is located in the U.S. Bank building in downtown Cedar Rapids.
In 2016, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll (S&I) was named Best Law Firm, ranking tier one in nineteen practice areas by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers©. In 2012, S&I was named to Fortune Magazine’s Top Ranked Law Firms. With nearly 50 talented and experienced attorneys, S&I provides a wide range of specialized legal services to clients locally and across the nation.
Our clients include individuals; closely held businesses of all types, sizes and stages of development; public companies; insurance companies; banks; and non-profit organizations, including hospitals and colleges. Our firm is divided into practice groups that specialize in a specific law type or industry. Our growing practice groups offer legal services in a wide variety of areas, such as administrative law, business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, health law, financial institution law, patent law and intellectual property, environmental, real estate, securities, taxation and litigation.
Shuttleworth attorneys have received numerous accolades. And while your choice for legal services should not be based solely on ratings, S&I’s attorneys consistently receive high ratings from their peers. For example:
- Twenty-nine of the firm’s attorneys are listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in their specialty areas.
- Six S&I attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America® for 2016 and fifteen previously named since the designation inception in 2009.
- Twenty-seven of the firm’s attorneys have the distinguished “AV” Peer Review Rating from LexisNexis-Martindale-Hubbell.
- Thirty-three of the firm’s attorneys were selected Great Plains Super Lawyers® & Rising Stars for 2015.
- Chambers & Partners recently released their 2015 USA guide in which S&I was recognized for Corporate/M&A, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, and Litigation: General Commercial.
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll takes pride in our active community involvement. Our lawyers volunteer with local and national non-profit organizations at every level. We highly value philanthropic leadership. These efforts were recognized by the National Society of Fundraising Executives when it awarded S&I the Outstanding Philanthropic Organization honor. S&I attorneys are also encouraged to serve on trade associations, corporate boards, and legal associations to advance our craft and contribute back to our industry and community.
This firm has been built by many generations of lawyers who have understood that excellent legal services require dedication to the community, as well as professionalism, integrity and hard work.