- Tax Law
- Business Law
- Employee Benefits
- Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Startups and Innovators
Admitted to Practice in
- Iowa (2010)
- United States Tax Court (2013)
Attorney, Vice President
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.
Phone: (319) 365-9461
Fax: (319) 365-8443
Jonathan's AssistantName: Lisa M. Starn
Phone: (319) 731-2325
About Jonathan C. Landon
Jonathan Landon is an Attorney and Vice President with Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. Jon advises individuals, businesses, and tax-exempt organizations in: Federal and state tax matters; general business transactions; deferred compensation and employee benefits; and estate and succession planning. Jon also helps clients resolve tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities.
Jon graduated with high distinction from the University of Iowa College of law, where he was a contributing editor on the Iowa Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. Thereafter, Jon earned his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Jon served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable David Gustafson, at United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C.
- B.A. Economics and Philosophy, with honors and distinction, University of Iowa (2006); recipient of Frank Knight Scholar Award in economics.
- J.D. with high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law (2009)
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law (2011)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member of Tax Law Section)
- Linn County Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating “AV”
- Great Plans Super Lawyers® Rising Star
Community and Personal
While an undergraduate, Jon was a four year letter winner on the University of Iowa men’s swimming team and a member of the All-Big Ten academic team. He lives in Iowa City with his wife and four children.