Jonathan Landon is an attorney and vice president with Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C., and chair of the business law practice group. Jon advises individuals, businesses, and tax-exempt organizations in many areas including: federal and state tax matters, general business transactions, deferred compensation and employee benefits, and estate and succession planning. Jon also helps clients resolve tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and other tax authorities.
Jon graduated with high distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he was a contributing editor on the Iowa Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. Thereafter, Jon earned his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Jon served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable David Gustafson, at United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C.
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member of Tax Law Section
- Linn County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating “AV”
- Great Plains Super Lawyers® Rising Star
While an undergraduate, Jon was a four year letter winner on the University of Iowa men’s swimming team and a member of the All-Big Ten academic team. He lives in Iowa City with his wife and four children.
- B.A. Economics and Philosophy, with honors and distinction, University of Iowa (2006)
- Recipient of Frank Knight Scholar Award in economics
- J.D. with high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law (2009)
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law (2011)