- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Agribusiness Law
- Securities and Equity Finance Law
- Business Law
- Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts
- Startups and Innovators
Admitted to Practice in
- Iowa (2016)
About Jared S. Adam
Jared is an Associate Attorney whose practice focuses primarily on mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. Jared's practice also includes business law more generally, including counseling clients on corporate governance matters and assisting clients with service agreements, standard terms and conditions of sale, business formation and restructuring, equity finance, regulatory compliance and negotiating commercial real estate leases.
In 2016, Jared earned his J.D. with highest distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law. While attending law school, Jared enjoyed working as a research assistant for Professor Sheldon F. Kurtz, researching a variety of property law and trust and estate law related issues. Jared spent his final semester of law school serving as a judicial extern for Vice Chancellor Sam Glasscock III, at the Delaware Court of Chancery in Georgetown, Delaware. While at the Court of Chancery, Jared was involved in a variety of corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions related litigation.
Since joining Shuttleworth & Ingersoll in the Fall of 2016, Jared has enjoyed the privilege of working with many great Midwestern companies across a variety of industries—including agricultural production and processing, manufacturing, distribution, insurance, software and technology—to meet and exceed their goals.
Jared lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with his wife Kelsey. They enjoy spending time with their families, working on home improvement projects, and visiting the family farm near Wellman, Iowa.
- University of Iowa, B.A., Political Science (2012)
- University of Iowa, J.D. (with highest distinction) (Order of the Coif) (2016)
- Research Assistant, Professor Sheldon F. Kurtz (2014-2016)
- Judicial Externship, Delaware Court of Chancery, Vice Chancellor Sam Glasscock III (Spring 2016)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions
- John F. Murray Award (2016)
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence: Non-Profit & Philanthropic Organizations (2016)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence: Corporate Finance (2015)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence: Trusts and Estates (2015)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence: Basic Federal Income Taxation (2015)
- Jurisprudence Award for Academic Excellence: Public Health Law (2015)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence: Federal Civil Procedure (2014)
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence: Torts (2014)
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Property (2014)
Speeches and Publications
- Negotiating/Drafting Brewery & Distillery Contracts, Brewery and Distillery Law in Iowa Seminar, Des Moines, Iowa, June 2017
- Employer Credit for Paid Family & Medical Leave, Shuttleworth & Ingersoll Labor and Employment Law Seminar, Coralville, Iowa, November 2018