- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Employee Benefits
- Estate Planning, Wills, and Trusts
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Media and Communications Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Startups and Innovators
- Tax Law
Attorney, Senior Vice President
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.
Phone: (319) 365-9461
Fax: (319) 365-8443
Dean's AssistantName: Angie M. Cook
Phone: (319) 731-2383
About Dean R. Einck
Dean Einck is an Attorney and Senior Vice President with Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C. and served for several years on the board of directors of the firm.
Dean is one of several attorneys at Shuttleworth who holds a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) and is a business attorney who represents a wide variety of corporations and limited liability companies and their owners. Dean’s work includes formation of entities, the negotiation of all types of commercial contracts and licenses, the purchase and sale of businesses, tax planning, estate planning and probate, real estate transactions, information technology law, employee benefits, including ESOPs and executive compensation.
Dean is the chair of the Media and Communications Practice Group and has significant experience representing media companies including newspapers, commercial printers, television stations and internet businesses.
- Passed the Certified Public Accountant exam (Iowa, 1979)
- University of Northern Iowa, B.A. Accounting (with highest honors) (1979)
- University of Iowa, J.D. (with distinction) (1982)
- American Bar Association (member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law and Taxation Sections and the Communications Law and Construction Industry Forums)
- Iowa State Bar Association (member of the Board of Governors-2006-2010)
- Linn County Bar Association (member of the Board of Governors)
- Cedar Rapids Area Estate Planning Council, Inc. (President-1996-1997)
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation - Membership in the ABF Fellows is by invitation only and is limited to 1/3 of 1% of the lawyers practicing in the United States.
- Fellow of the Iowa State Bar Foundation - Membership in the ISBA Fellows is by nomination and invitation only.
Awards and Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®--Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Named Cedar Rapids "Lawyer of the Year" for Mergers and Acquisitions (2018) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Named Cedar Rapids "Lawyer of the Year" Tax Law (2016) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed as a Great Plains Super Lawyer®--Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Estate Planning & Probate
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating “AV”
- Leadership For 5 Seasons (class of 1989)
Community and Personal
- Abbe Health, Inc. (Chairperson of the Board 1997-2001) (Director 1988-present)(Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee 2007 to present)
- United Way of East Central Iowa, Inc. (Director 1992-2001; Treasurer, 2000-2001)
- Cedar Rapids Area Chamber (Leadership for Five Seasons Program 1988-1989)
- Iowa Legal Aid (Volunteer Attorney)
Speeches and Publications
- Lecturer & Author: "Iowa Guardianships, Conservatorships and Powers of Attorney" for the Iowa State Bar Review School, Inc. (1985-2008)