Brian D. Bergstrom is a corporate attorney at Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C., president of the firm, and chair of the firm’s mergers and acquisitions practice group. Brian’s work focuses on equity finance, securities, sales and acquisitions of businesses, mergers and business contracts, consulting and planning. Brian has represented private companies, development stage companies, public companies, mature late stage companies, joint ventures, venture capital firms, private equity firms and investment banks. Brian’s additional administrative functions at the firm include serving as a member of the firm’s board of directors.
- American Bar Association
- Member of Business Law Section, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, Private Equity & Venture Capital Committee and Federal Regulations of Securities Committee
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Member of Business Law and Corporate Counsel Sections
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®—Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Venture Capital Law
- Named Cedar Rapids “Lawyer of the Year” Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2015 and 2024) and Corporate Law (2011, 2018, and 2020) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed in Chambers USA®, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Listed as a Great Plains Super Lawyer®—Securities & Corporate Finance; Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating AV
- Leadership For 5 Seasons (class of 1998)
Brian practiced law for several years in Chicago, Illinois before joining Shuttleworth & Ingersoll in 1998. He is a 2006 inductee into the Iowa High School Athletic Association Football Hall of Fame. Brian was raised on his family farm in southeast Iowa and earned his undergraduate degree in economics at Harvard College and was a 1st team Academic All-American in football and a member of the National Football Foundation Academic All-American team. He was the Lionel de Jersey Harvard Scholar to Cambridge University in Cambridge, England in 1985-1986 and completed his Juris Doctorate at Harvard Law School in 1989.
- Entrepreneurial Development Center, Inc.
- Board of Directors
- Brucemore, Inc.
- Board of Trustees
- Tanager Place
- Director Emeritus
- Past Board Member YouthPort
- Past Board Member and President of Tanager Place Endowment Foundation
- Past Member of Harvard Club of Iowa Board of Directors
- Past Member of Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors
- Past Member of Cedar River Soccer Association Board of Directors
- Past Member of Cedar Rapids Country Club Board of Directors
- Past Member of Linn County Bar Board of Governors