- Mergers and Acquisitions (chair)
- Securities and Equity Finance (chair)
- Business Law
- Startups and Innovators
Admitted to Practice in
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.
Phone: (319) 731-2236
Fax: (319) 365-8443
Brian's AssistantName: Angie M. Cook
Phone: (319) 365-9461
About Brian D. Bergstrom
Brian Bergstrom is a corporate attorney with Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, president of the firm, and chair of the firm's mergers and acquisitions and equity finance practice groups. Brian's work focuses on equity finance; securities; sales and acquisitions of businesses; mergers; and business contracts, consulting and planning. Brian has represented private companies, development stage companies, public companies, mature late stage companies, joint ventures, venture capital firms, private equity firms and investment banks. Brian’s additional administrative functions at the firm include serving as a member of the firm’s board of directors.
- Harvard University, A.B. Economics (magna cum laude) (1985)
- Lionel de Jersey Harvard Scholar to Cambridge University, Cambridge, England (1986)
- Harvard University, J.D. (1989)
- American Bar Association (Member of Business Law Section, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, Private Equity & Venture Capital Committee and Federal Regulations of Securities Committee)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Member of Business Law and Corporate Counsel Sections)
Awards and Recognitions
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America®—Corporate Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Venture Capital Law.
- Named Cedar Rapids "Lawyer of the Year" Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2015) and Corporate Law (2018 and 2011) by Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed in Chambers USA®, America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Listed as a Great Plains Super Lawyer®—Securities & Corporate Finance; Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Inc. Rating “AV”
- Leadership For 5 Seasons (class of 1998)
Community and Personal
Brian earned his undergraduate degree in economics at Harvard College and was a 1st team Academic All-American in football and a member of the National Football Foundation Academic All-American team. He was the Lionel de Jersey Harvard Scholar to Cambridge University in Cambridge, England in 1985-1986 and completed his Juris Doctorate at Harvard Law School in 1989. Brian practiced for several years in Chicago, Illinois before joining Shuttleworth & Ingersoll. He is a 2006 inductee into the Iowa High School Athletic Association Football Hall of Fame.
- Entrepreneurial Development Center, Inc. (Board of Directors)
- Tanager Place Foundation (Board of Directors, Past President)
- Tanager Place (Board of Directors, Past President)
- YouthPort (Board of Directors)
- Harvard Club of Iowa (Board of Directors)
- Past Member of Cedar Rapids Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors
- Past Member of Cedar River Soccer Association Board of Directors
- Past Member of Cedar Rapids Country Club Board of Directors
- Past member of Linn County Bar Board of Governors