Workers’ Compensation Law
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll’s Workers’ Compensation practice group attorneys have substantial expertise in representing employers and employees in workers compensation matters. Our attorneys are actively involved in professional workers compensation groups, including:
- the Iowa Association of Workers Compensation Attorneys
- Iowa Workers Compensation Advisory Committee
- Iowa Defense Counsel
Practice group attorney are frequent presenters on the topic of workers compensation issues to both legal and other professional organizations, including nurse case managers, insurers, adjusters, and human resources professionals.
Our attorneys regularly practice in the following areas:
- Hearings before the Iowa Workers Compensation Commission
- Appeals within the Workers Compensation Commission
- Judicial Review of Workers Compensation Decisions
- Appeals to the Iowa Court of Appeals and Supreme Court
- Employer Advising, Consulting and Training
While practice group attorneys represent employers in the majority of our cases, in appropriate circumstances, our firm will represent injured employees on a contingent fee basis.