The Shuttleworth & Ingersoll Health Law Practice Group represents a number of health care providers including regional and county hospitals, as well as physicians, home health agencies, nursing homes, pharmacies and a wide variety of others in dealing with the multifaceted legal issues which arise in the healthcare environment.
The Health Law Group advises clients with respect to numerous issues, including:
- The formation and operation of healthcare delivery systems;
- The preparation and negotiation of a variety of agreements with physicians and other healthcare professionals, network participation agreements, joint ventures, provider services agreements, and capitation agreements;
- The structure, design, negotiation and documentation of self-insured plans, including stop loss coverage, third party administration agreements and health insurance contracts;
- Compliance with anti-kickback, Stark, antitrust, HIPAA, and other federal and state statutes and regulations affecting health care;
- The operational aspects of hospitals, pharmacies, nursing homes and clinics such as informed consent, policy and procedure review, medical records confidentiality, reimbursement, advance directives, employment and labor relations, compensation and benefits, credentialing and peer review, licensing board actions, medical ethics and medical staff issues;
- Professional corporations, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans for professional corporations, and tax issues for professional corporations; and
- Estate planning and asset protection planning for physicians.
Related practice areas: