- Appellate Law
Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, P.L.C.
Phone: (319) 731-2211
Fax: (319) 365-8443
Dana's AssistantName: Paula M. Pohlpeter
Phone: (319) 365-9461
About Dana L. Oxley
Dana Oxley is Counsel at Shuttleworth & Ingersoll, PLC. Dana started her professional career as a credit union examiner for the State of Iowa Credit Union Division before attending law school. Following law school, Dana clerked for the Honorable David R. Hansen on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit for a one-year term from 1998 to 1999. Dana joined Shuttleworth & Ingersoll and practiced for a year and a half before returning to clerk as a career clerk for Judge Hansen in 2001. Dana also served as an adjunct professor at the University of Iowa College of Law teaching Legal Analysis, Writing, and Research between 2007 and 2011. Dana rejoined Shuttleworth & Ingersoll in May 2011, bringing with her ten years of federal appellate experience.
Dana uses her writing and research experience in motion work and appellate work.
- University of Northern Iowa, B.A. Accounting (1990)
- Certified Public Accountant (1990)
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. (with highest distinction, Order of the Coif 1998)
- Journal of Corporation Law, Articles Editor (1997-1998)
- Iowa State Bar Association, Commercial & Bankruptcy Law Section board member (2008-present)
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association, board member (2007-present), President
- Linn County Bar Association, member
- Dean Mason Ladd Inn of Court, member (2002-2004)
Awards and Recognitions
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® - Appellate Law
Community and Personal
- Trinity Lutheran School Board (past chair) (2007-present)
- Treasurer, Timber Ridge Pony Club (2008-present)